Only £664.00 per person
Usual brochure price £699.00.
DON'T MISS OUT, LIMITED PLACES!
IF YOU MAKE A BOOKING AND PAY YOUR DEPOSIT BY
FRIDAY 28TH FEBRUARY
WE'LL ARRANGE FOR 20 EUROS SPENDING MONEY TO BE GIVEN TO YOU ON THE COACH AT THE START OF THE TOUR.
* One of the most cost effective ways to travel to Spain this year.
* No weight limit on luggage.
* Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery from the comfort of your coach seat.
* No queuing at the airport.
* Escorted tour for stress-free travel.
*Convenient pick-up from your doorstep.
* 100% of customers who travelled last year expressed their satisfaction with the tour.
One of the most beautiful areas of the Spanish coastline, the Cantabrian 'Cornisa' lies on the Costa Verde (green coast) between the resort of San Vicente de le Barquera to the west and the old fishing port of Castro Urdiales to the east. Witness the breath-taking array of landscapes ranging from spectacular mountains bedecked with flower-filled meadows to lush green valleys and dense forests which provide a safe haven for some of the country's few remaining wild wolves and bears. This area is characterised by friendly people, good wholesome cuisine and a well deserved reputation for spectacular scenery. The small resort of Isla lies directly on the coast between the popular resort of Laredo and the lovely city of Santander. Its long, sandy beaches are perfect for relaxation and its location is ideal for tours to the east, west and south.
Day 1 - 2 Depart between 0930-1030 hrs We are due to catch the 1700hrs overnight cruise ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, arriving at 1800hrs the next day. Later we check-in to the Hotel Milagros Golf, Mogro. Dinner is included.
Full day guided tour to Santillana Del Mar
, a village with cobblestone streets and historic buildings and Comillas, a quaint coastal village overlooked by a small castle.Day 4
Full day tour to the Picos de Europa, a mountain range with magnificent and varied scenery. Later we check-in to the Hotel Olimpo, our base for the next 3 nights.
Day 5 Spend the day a leisure, or alternatively our driver will offer you an optional tour to Santona Market or the long sandy beach at Loredo.
Day 6 Half-day tour to Castro Urdiales, a charming town with fishing port and historic buildings.
Day 7 Travel to Santander, giving you some free time to explore. We are due to catch the 1500 hrs overnight cruise ferry to Portsmouth.
Day 8 We dock in Portsmouth at around 1400hrs. Arrive home: early evening.
The Hotel Milagros Golf, Mogro * * * Continental 3-star (2 nights)
Set on the Usil beach promenade facing the Dunes Nature Reserve, approximately 20 minutes walk up hill to the town of Mogro. Facilities include restaurant, bar/café with large terraces, indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi, gym, Turkish bath, massage parlour, putting green and boutique.
The Hotel Olimpo, Isla *** Continental 3-star (3 nights)
Located in a beautiful setting in the Cuarezos Estate, Isla, the hotel is surrounded by 20,000 square metres of gardens. The hotel provides direct access to the beaches of Suances and La Barrosa and it's a 5 minute walk from the peninsula to the town centre. Facilities include a bar, café, restaurant, adult and children's swimming pools, gym, tennis court, sun lounge, entertainment programme and shop.
Bedrooms: En-suite with a TV, telephone, safe (30 euro refundable deposit required to use the safe at the Hotel Milagros Golf), air-conditioning and hairdryer. There are NO tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms. All bedrooms at the Olimpo Hotel have either balconies or terraces at no extra cost.
Facilities: Bar, lounge and restaurant
Mobility Information: Lift serves all floors at both hotels. There are 3 floors at the Hotel Olimpo and 5 floors at the Milagros Golf Hotel. There are no ground floor bedrooms.
Cruise Ferry Information:
Brittany Ferries - Pont-Aven
Sail overnight each way aboard Brittany Ferries' luxurious £100m flagship ferry, Pont-Aven, from Portsmouth to Santander. It boasts outstanding accommodation and stunning features including:
* a superb pool and leisure area
* a wrap around promenade for pleasant deck strolls
* a dramatic five deck high atrium with panoramic views from the lifts
* on-board entertainment with live band, DJ, cabaret, and pianist (seasonal)
* video games rooms
* tourist information
* Bureau de Change.
The Pont-Aven offers a wide range of dining options - The à la carte La Flora restaurant offers a buffet or set menu. Le Belle Angele is an informal self-service restaurant and Le Café du Festival is self-service and is open 24 hours. There are three bars, Le Grand Pavois Main Bar, Les Finisteres Pool Bar and Le Fastnet Piano Bar.
Cruise Ferry Cabins
All cabins have air-conditioning with individual temperate control, en-suite bathrooms, comfortable seating, radio and alarm. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided. Included in the price is a berth in a 2 berth inside cabin with upper and lower berths (bunks - a good fitness level is required).
* Return coach travel
* return cruise ferry fares
* a berth in a 2 berth inside cabin with bunks (good fitness level is required - twin cabins with beds side by side are available at extra cost and subject to availability)
* 2 nights accommodation at the Hotel Milagros Golf and 3 nights at the Hotel Olimpo
* Continental self-service buffet breakfast
* Served 3 course dinner (2 choices) plus after dinner coffee (starter and dessert are both a self-service buffet). Mineral water and house wine is included. Vegetarian option is available on request, please advise us at the time of booking. Evening meal for the final night at the Olimpo Hotel will be a special candle-light 3 course set menu with a seafood main course. Please advise our driver whilst on the tour, if you would prefer an alternative to seafood.
* door to door taxi service
* all tours.
"A wonderful holiday and we were very well cared for by Woods Coaches."
"Both hotels excellent quality. Good position/site. Friendly staff. Very good value for money."
"Good company. Excellent tour leaders and driver."
"Delighted in the way Mr & Mrs Wood and Mick the driver looked out for us all. Many thanks."
"We have had a wonderful holiday. Every aspect of which has been excellent. Very good organisation, but everything felt easy and nothing was a problem. Mick is a First Class driver, who goes 'the extra mile' and Pauline and Mark are excellent hosts. Thank you for everything."
"Very good trip. Driver, Mick was up to the usual high standard as were our escorts, Mark and Pauline."
Important information: FULL TEN YEAR BRITISH PASSPORT REQUIRED.
Currency required - Euros.
- Mark and Pauline Wood are scheduled to escort this tour, however this cannot be guaranteed in the case of illness etc.
- Brittany Ferries require minimum passenger numbers of 30. Therefore if we cannot obtain these numbers, we will be forced to cancel the tour
- Lunches are extra cost.
- Meals on board the cruise ferry are at extra cost. You will need book them once you have boarded the ship.
- Hotel single room supplement £103.00.
- Sea view bedrooms are an extra cost of £20.00 per room per night at Hotel Olimpo.
- Sea view bedrooms are an extra cost of £16.00 per room per night at the Hotel Milagros Golf.
- Single occupancy cabins are based on a 2 berth inside cabin with upper and lower berths. The single occupancy supplement is £53.00*.
- The supplement for an inside cabin accommodating 2 passengers in 2 x lower berths - £42.00 per person total. Single occupancy is not available.
- The supplement for an outside cabin accommodating 2 passengers in 2 x lower berths - £65.00 per person total. The single occupancy is £239.00*.
* Single cabin supplements are in addition to the hotel's single supplement of £103.00.